It has been just over a month since I started eating healthy food and exercising daily. That month has been enough time for me to get in to a routine that I am really enjoying. Why did I let myself forget that a healthy diet and a bit of sweat improves my life exponentially? There are a whole list of behaviours that I have eradicated and will no longer let myself participate in. Here are some of my favourites.
1. Eating 50,000 pieces of mud cake per week. I have a small business as a cake decorator and always have spare cake lying around. I had gotten in to the habit of eating copious amounts of cake and thinking that it was ok. Idiot. Have you seen the calorie count on mud cake (it ranges from 200 to 878 calories (I know!!!)). Jeeeessssuuuuuussss!!!!! Cake offcuts now go in the bin. I doubt I will have any Miranda moments so I should be safe.
2. Eating the kids' leftovers. My husband and I more often than not eat separately from the kids as we don't necessarily want to eat what they eat, or as early as they eat. Recently I have realised that I was sometimes eating enough leftovers to equate to a whole extra meal. Idiot. No more. The leftovers now go in the bin.
3. Having 'something sweet' after dinner. I had let this little winner creep back in to my life and was eating 'something sweet' every night i.e. mud cake, every night. No more. The occasional fruit or low fat somethingorother will be just fine.
4. Eating three courses when out for dinner. No person needs an entree, main and dessert for dinner. Ridiculous behaviour! Feeling the need to roll out of a restaurant is not cool. I read this in one of Michelle Bridge's books - 'Why are you eating like it's the Last Supper? Don't worry; we're not going to run out of food any time soon.' This is so true! If there is something else on the menu that appeals, eat it next time!
5. Having 'something sweet' with a cup of coffee. I come from a 'something sweet' kinda family. The habit of having to have a biscuit, or a slice of mud cake (ok, I'll stop now!) every time I consume a hot beverage is again ridiculous behaviour. Snap out of it woman!
That will do for now! Any habits that you guys can add to the list?
Susie xx
treats! I always used to have a treat at morning tea. Growing up we used to love it when Mum and Dad had people over for dinner or going to a party so we could have treats. I think I have missed the meaning in my adult years. It's not a treat if you don't have it sparingly or on special occassions. I don't need to be rewarded for my hard work every day with potato chips (My fave). I need to reward my body with healthy food to keep me alive and functioning
ReplyDeleteDid your parents ever has liqueur chocolates as treats? Mine did and my brother and I would drain them and eat the chocolate! ;-)
ReplyDeletehee hee no chocolate liquers, just the Cadbury milk tray that you ceremoniously got to select one from the box each night until it was finished after Christmas
ReplyDelete